Thursday 30 July 2009

A Quiet Summer

So it's July 30th. A few readers may think the blog is dead. Far from it. However, I am not quite as close as I would like to be to 25 games. So far - 0. Talks of Rossendale Away, Blackpool Away, then at Home, Man United aswell, have been dampened. The reason? Money. Other factors in the lack of Dale action so far include broken body parts, football tours, tournaments and fitness regimes, aswell as on off holidays to Iran, visits to Grandma Black, and an addiction to Tennis. But the main overall contributor to a long pre season has been the lack of funding. Without work, a football club, and a face unable to blag child train tickets, I am finding it very hard to get about. The pressure on me to get my drivers licence is also building. We are realising that it is going to be very, very tough for 3 teens to get to as many football games as we hope. Gone are the days that I once went to watch 7 games in 7 days, the same season that I managed to go to a game a weekend from August to May. Truth be told there has been a lot going on, and although I get the impression at times that my 2 companions are not as keen on the idea we set about a couple of months ago, I fully believe that one night in playing Fifa, or even one trip to the WMG Stand, will re-ignite the fire.

So what plans do we have now then? Well it's back to the drawing board and we will begin with the first game of the season away to Port Vale. Me and Niku will book our tickets and will follow that trip with Wigan at home. I have decided that on the side of Dale, the two of us will also use our trips to Villa as an excuse to post here. So things are on the up in all honesty. Villa Park follows Villa Park, and by then we will be in full swing. I am hoping a weeks work down in Poynton can earn me near to £100 next week, which will all be saved for Spotland. Me and Niku have also spoken briefly of a sponsored bike ride (maybe not naked as the picture suggests....yet again we are desperate!!!), with the proceeds going towards, well, US!!! The idea of the bikeride being we cycle to a nearby game from our homes in Stockport. Whatever we do, you will be the first to know and hopefully, the weather clears up for the start of the season. The excitement is quite unbearable as we begin our journey :)

Up The Dale!

3 comments:

  1. The one on the right looks like Callum Byrne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. keithhillsbarmyarmy6 August 2009 at 12:24

    Where exactly are you looking? The girl??!! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice........ keep it up

    ReplyDelete