Wednesday 17 June 2009

Fixtures, Tatty Kits And A Trip To Hillsborough!


So today was the day of the long awaited fixtures for next season. There always seems to be an excitement about it, which I can't quite understand. Sure, it's great to see when you play your rivals and who you've got first and last but apart from that, it's not all that it's hyped up to be. Though this was a little bit more significant for me as me and a mate spent an hour on the phone planning out our trips to Dale next year. We had "the defo's", "the maybe's" and the "no chance" Away games within a 3 hour train journey we mapped as certains, whilst we took all the home games that didn't clash with Villa (Me and Niku can't give them up that easily) and all in all we came about with 26 "defo's" which is good going. Circumstances will of course effect the situation later in time. My footy matches, school nights, train times and of course, how much money we have left. However Pre Season matches such as Southport and Blackpool away, should give us a decent "warm up" game before we begin our real quest into next season. It shall be greatly anticipated :)

A few days earlier however, was the design of our new kit. Urgh. We have now sacked Nike and gone with a make of JD Sports. That is now also our sponser :/ It seems the kit has thinner stripes. The home kit I can deal with, the away kit. Not so much. I really struggle to see where the difference is between the purple and the blue/black.



We looked better standing out in yellow or white away from Spotland, as some of our players can't pass a ball 5 yards in the first place, now they will have to check twice in this dreadful number!!! Will I be buying it? I'd like to say yes, but the centenary kit has stood me in good stead and at the same time, I can't afford to waste £40+ on a shirt when I need all the money I can get for train fares and match tickets. I'll pass thanks boys.....

And finally the Carling Cup draw. Strangely enough, it was released a day before the league fixtures, and an away trip to Sheffield Wednesday should prove lively and enjoyable, despite the little chance of success we have. Stranger things have happened though, and it is certainly down in the book as a "defo" Travel details have now already gone out for our first game (Port Vale away) Not exactly like we're going to sell our allocation, but ok..... :?

Lastly, an update on signings. Nice to see us bring in a young keeper from Leeds. The lads got a lot to live up wearing the gloves and having the name Edwards. (Reference to the legend himself: Neil Edwards) But I'm sure young Matt (no relation) will certainly cover Kenny well and play plenty of games this year.

So thanks for reading, not really a humerous account this week, more like a frustrated, excited, information leaflet. But still, I hope we can continue to build on the good reviews we have had so far. Be sure to check out our opening post on what we are about if you missed it. Coming up this week and next will be reviews on the 2 of my mates who will share this adventure, and a little bit more about Dale and life in League 2.
Thanks again,
Up The Dale!

No comments:

Post a Comment