Sunday 14 June 2009

What We Are About

Upon seeing another failed promotion push last season, most Dale fans were disheartened, and fed up. However, me and 2 other mates, were inspired, and now we plan to hit the 30 game mark, with only the money we have from pocket spends and birthday money. Me and Niku Ghaemi are both Villa fans, however after signing for Rochdale in 2002, I fell in love with the club and have been a regular at Spotland from then on. In 2006 I started to travel away, and memoral visits include a 7-2 demolition of Stockport in my home town :)

2007/08 was when things really kicked in for me though, it was Dale's centenary year and the football we began to play was outrageous. On a limited budget, Hillcroft* had managed to transform the way we play, and we began to win games left right and centre. My first visit to Wembley was memorable, despite the 3-2 loss :(
*Keith Hill and Dave Flitcroft

Last year I began taking mates. James Black was the lucky guest, as I took him by train away to Morecambe, only to see us throw away a 1 goal lead. However, he was hooked and since then, my memories with him include a dramatic comeback against Barnet in the FA Cup (2-0 down at Half Time only for Alfie to bag a hat trick) and Shrewsbury away where we were the worst I have seen us, yet a Dagnall wondergoal saved us from defeat.

And this year is where it begins. GCSE's have finished and I turn 17 in September. This means I'll hopefully be driving by Christmas, which means even more Dale away games. Me and Niku will try and fit in Villa alongside but after the Judas (Gareth Barry) had made a fool of our club, we daren't put ourselves through such heartbreak next year.

So we focus on Dale. What are our main aims?
1. For me to be driving by Christmas so we save a fortune on train tickets!
2. To reach at least 25 games home and away.
3. To cement ourselves as Dale Song Starters and to invent a chant that catches on. (My job)
4. To see the mighty Dale achieve promotion, and end a 39 year spell in the bottom tier, newly named (The Rochdale Division)

So please, follow me and my 2 companions in our journey. You will see us haggle for junior train fairs and match tickets, you will see me invite numerous girlfriends to games in the hope of some action at half time, and also the highs and the lows of our season ahead.

I look forward to your comments and reviews. Thankyou, and goodnight :)

2 comments:

  1. UP THE DALE!
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the blog. I have it bookmarked and I shall be checking in every week to see your thoughts on our season. Great idea, and well done.
    UTD!

    ReplyDelete